Usually lower back pain goes away on in some time, but in some cases it might not. If back pain is a result of injury or trauma then it might take more time for relief. Nonetheless, the option of back pain treatment in Canonsburg shouldn’t be ruled out. However, if you think about self-care then some effective treatment options are as follows:
An effective treatment for dealing with back pain is application of hot and cold compresses. These packs can help reduce pain and associated discomfort, thereby assisting in mobility. First apply cold pack for 10-15 minutes, followed by a hot compress to relax muscles. This process increases the blood flow. Instead of this, one may prefer to take warm water bath as an effective back pain treatment in Canonsburg. One should, however, avoid sleeping on a hot compress as it can cause tissue damage.
To speed up the recovery period of your back pain, you should keep yourself indulged in exercises. There are many gentle exercises which can provide the much needed relief. Some of those exercises include yoga, tai chi, stretching, swimming, and even walking. It might be possible that you experience some sort of discomfort initially when you start exercising, but that should go away in some time as muscles become stronger.
When nothing seems to be working, medications should be your last resort for back pain treatment in Canonsburg. Prescriptions drugs, over-the-counter NSAIDs, and topical counter-irritants can offer the much needed relief.
However, if any of these treatments do not provide relief, you should turn to acupuncture or chiropractic care. A certified chiropractor in Canonsburg will be able to restore the back mobility in an easy way. For further information on chiropractors for back problems, visit www.gretzchiropractic.com or call on (724) 237-5230.
Your back is a complex structure comprising of bones, joints and muscles, which makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. Mostly the causes of back pain are not so serious, and are easily relieved by back pain treatment in Canonsburg from a chiropractor. Let’s take a look at a host of reasons which can result in the problem.
- Age: It is one of the most common causes of back pain. As people start aging, their muscle flexibility tends to decrease, while their discs start to lose fluidity. This in turn reduces their ability to cushion the vertebrae, thus causing back pain.
- Injury/Trauma: A lot many times pain can arise suddenly after a person lifts an exceptionally heavy object or overstretches the body. This can often result in sprain and spasm in the back muscles. In case the spine gets badly compressed, it causes outward bulging of the disc. Such nerve root compression can also contribute to back pain.
- Pregnancy: It is another common reason that can make the backache, which is majorly because of the additional weight of the baby that can strain the back.
- Other Causes: Other than the listed causes, there are many other reasons that can be responsible for pain in the back. These include obesity/weight gain, viral infections, scar tissue, smoking, irritation to joints, poor sleeping position, stress, and so on.
Though rarely back pain is a sign of a serious underlying problem, but still it shouldn’t be taken lightly. If someone starts experiencing back pain and seems like it has become a matter of everyday, reporting it to a doctor is a must. In fact a chiropractor in Canonsburg should be consulted regarding the same. For further information on chiropractors for back problems, visit www.gretzchiropractic.com or call on (724) 237-5230.
Numerous studies have shown that chiropractic care can be helpful in treating sleep disorders. Over a quarter of population in United States report about sleep related problems occasionally, while around 10% accept that they suffer from chronic insomnia. The good news is chiropractic care can help restore normal sleeping patterns. Visit a chiropractor in Canonsburg right away if you have been facing sleep troubles lately.
Repercussions Of Too Little Sleep
- Weight gain is the first obvious and pertinent symptom of sleep deprivation. As the body will crave for more carbs, the weight is going to shoot up.
- Without a good night sleep, a person is going to have troubles in making easy and small decisions in life.
- Sleep deprivation causes anxiety and depression.
- It increases the risk of cancer.
- Accelerated aging, weekend immune system, poor motor control, and increased chances of accidents are all repercussions of not getting proper sleep.
Chiropractic Care For Sleeping Better
Sleep issues have something rooted in the physical or mental stresses of a patient. This is reason why the issue can be treated through chiropractic care. A chiropractor in Canonsburg will be able to treat your misalignments that have been causing sleep troubles. The chiropractor will work towards restoring proper nerve supply, which in turn will reduce spasms and tension in the muscles.
Sleep is the most overlooked aspect of a majority of people. Deprivation of sleep can cause numerous health related problems. It is, therefore, best to get in touch with a good chiropractor who can help you improve your overall health, while addressing the concern of sleep disorder. Make sure you contact a reliable chiropractor in Canonsburg who has reputation of treating their patients properly. For more information, visit http://www.gretzchiropractic.com/ or call at (724) 237-5230. Chiropractors at Getz Chiropractic will surely be able to help you with your sleeping problems.
Sciatica can be the major reason for leg pain and numbness. It feels like an electric shock running down the legs due to compression of a pinched nerve. There are certain triggers that can trigger sciatica, exacerbate the symptoms, and may require sciatica treatment in Canonsburg. Some of the ways in which you might be triggering sciatica are as follows:
- Wallets and cellphones when kept in the back pocket of the jeans can be a potential reason for sciatica. Sitting with the wallet in the back of your jeans, especially for prolonged hours, can cause sciatica pain. A hard object when pressed against the derriere can be a reason for sciatica pain, thus requiring intervention of a chiropractor in Canonsburg.
- Stress is another harmful factor that contributes to sciatic pain. It is a mind-body trigger that causes the pain. Others believe that, stress doesn’t exactly results in pain, but it deprives brain of required oxygen that causes similar symptoms, such as leg pain and weakness.
- If you are overweight then you tend to put pressure on the sciatic nerve. The more weight you have on your body, the more are your chances of getting sciatica.
- A common ‘word on the street’ trigger of sciatic pain is wearing high heels and cushioned shoes. Even a chiropractor in Canonsburg would be able to tell you hundreds of downsides of wearing high heels, which also includes sciatica. The pressure exerted by the heels on your back and hips when you get up or walk causes the pain.
These are some of the ways in which you might be triggering sciatica. Perhaps, such day-to-day activities might be making difference in your overall health, and you might not even be aware of that. If you experience sciatica pain getting worse by the day, it is best for you to get in touch with a chiropractor in Canonsburg. For more information, visit http://www.gretzchiropractic.com/ or call at (724) 237-5230.
With our lives becoming faster and days becoming shorter – food often takes a back burner – which often leads to headaches. Fasting, intentionally or unintentionally, can make your already dreadful day, worse. For those who suffer from headaches every second day and need headache treatment in Canonsburg for the same should know how fasting can cause a headache and how one can prevent them.
Typically people who do not eat for more than 15 hours develop a fasting headache. Such headaches resolve within 48-72 hours of food intake. Some of the characteristics features of fasting headaches can be as follows:
- Diffuse pain
- Mildly intense
- Non-pulsating pain
- Usually in the forehead
The prime cause of fasting headache still remains controversial. One of the major reasons that can be accounted to such pains is low blood sugar level. It can further induce vasodilation that causes migraine attacks.
Even after seeking headache treatment in Canonsburg, if your condition hasn’t improved. You better check your lifestyle. Another common reason linked with fasting headache is caffeine withdrawal.A caffeine-withdrawal headache usually occurs when it has been more than 18 hours that the person didn’t consume coffee. It is quite similar to a tension-triggered headache.
Obviously, you shouldn’t be skipping your meals at the first place. However, in unexpected circumstances – like a delayed flight or long extended meeting – try to reach out for sugar or grab a bite of anything that is available. You may plan on getting in touch with a chiropractor in Canonsburg in case your headaches aren’t stopping even after repeated attempts. Other than this, you can also talk to your physician and take preventive headache medications to avoid dealing with the pain later on. For more information on reaching out to a chiropractor, visit http://www.gretzchiropractic.com/ or call at (724) 237-5230.